Highlights of our Teen Boarding School:
• Our teen boarding school is a time tested program that has been around for over a decade.
• An international school providing a rich cultural experience.
• World Class Chef for preparing some of the finest foods. • Environmentally friendly as we generate most of our power through solar technology; we are conservation minded and teach principles of “Leave No Trace” while in the outdoors.
• Approved GED, SAT, ACT and CLEP Testing Center.
• First-class experienced clinical team.
• Assist parents in working with insurance reimbursement.
• One-on-one regular therapy sessions.
• Focus on character education.
• Families and Value’s Based Program
• Certified teachers coming from a variety of backgrounds in education, affording them the necessary tools to cultivate success with each student.
• Small program design, which allows us to focus on the individual (Helps to prevent any child from “slipping through the cracks”).
• Intensive parent support through webinars, regular family counseling sessions, parent workshops and an effective aftercare program available.
• Approved Venturing Program for youth.
• Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) employees are among the best in the industry.
• Serene setting -located in Northwestern Montana on 150 acres with a beautiful trout river flowing through the property.
• Fully accredited academic institute accredited by Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA).
• Utilize the outdoors to help facilitate change.
• We have successfully helped hundreds of teens in crisis.
Making This World a Better Place to Live, One Life at a Time
“Jonathan is doing wonderfully. He’s 18 now, going to college at the University of Colorado and staying in a dorm. He also has a full-time job as a sous chef at a four-star restaurant in Colorado Springs, and he very much enjoys his work. His personality has vastly improved, and I can honestly say that in more than a year since he’s been home we haven’t had a single argument with him. That’s never happened before! Rebecca and I do not begrudge a moment Jonathan spent with you. He is miraculously improved now and we really enjoy having him around; we’re proud of what he’s accomplished. Thanks for your help.” -Kevin
“As far as my struggles prior to Turning Winds Academic Institute, they somewhat still remain and it’s a constant effort to continue to be successful. It’s self-rewarding though to push through and accomplish what used to seem impossible. I have been sober for almost two years now! I never thought I could do it, but I have and it has changed my life more than anything else has! I also have become more assertive, independent, brave, and open minded. I am still pretty opinionated though and my patience is something I try to be better at… but sometimes fall short. That’s just Abby though. -Abby
Turning Winds Private Boarding School Program Description
TWAI is accredited by two of the most recognized secondary academic accrediting bodies in the United States. We are fully accredited by Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA). Our school accepts children between the ages of 12 and18. Turning Winds Academic Institute, a specialty private boarding school, can accept enrollment of approximately 50 students. The entire program averages approximately 12 months. Our Integrated Therapeutic Curriculum (ITC) has set the standard by integrating a therapeutic direction throughout the program including academics, nightly group sessions, sports, the outdoors, and all other activities our teens experience. Our teen boarding school has helped heal hundreds of teens and continues to make a positive difference within the lives of each teen with whom we work. TWAI believes families are an integral part of the changing process and parents are able to actively participate along with their child in making the changes necessary for success. Parental participation can include, but is not limited to the following activities: parent work-shops, assignments, and family counseling sessions facilitated by one of our clinical staff. While enrolled in TWAI your son or daughter will traverse through three program phases; the orientation, transition, and aftercare phase.
The orientation phase is approximately five-six months; however, the length will be determined by the progress of your teen. This is also known as the stabilization phase of our teen program. During orientation, your child will be assessed behaviorally, emotionally, and academically. Once these assessments are made by our clinicians and academic staff an individual treatment plan will be completed and will serve as a therapeutic roadmap for your teen during the remainder of the program. Among other things, your son or daughter will participate in individual and group counseling sessions, life skills classes, team-building activities, and outdoor adventures to help cultivate personal growth and internal change.
After commencing from the orientation phase your teen will enter the transition phase of the program. The Transition Phase of TWAI prepares students to transition back into the home environment. During this phase your child will continue to stabilize emotionally, behaviorally, and academically. This is the time that your child will become involved in regular extracurricular activities, start mentoring peers, and engage in regular off-campus activities. Another important component of this phase is the regular family counseling that occurs between the child and his or her therapist and the family. Family counseling is helpful in providing parents with the needed guidance to ensure, when the time arrives for the child to return home, that the teen, and family, will have all the tools necessary for a successful reintegration back into the home. In essence, our goal is to help the parents and child come back together and work toward common goals to help achieve a strong and lasting relationship.
Once it is determined by our staff, therapists, academic leaders, and the parents that the child is ready to start the transitioning process back into the family from our boarding schools for teens, we will start planning a series of visits for the family to come and visit the child, and then for the child to visit home before finally returning home for good. These visits are not meant to be vacations, rather they are opportunities for your child to prove that he or she can maintain his or her positive lifestyle while with the family. The visits will help “test the water” and ensure that when problems arise they are identified and all the necessary adjustments are made before the child finally returns home.
Finally, after arriving home from our therapeutic boarding school we have set up a support network in which one of our therapists will be assigned directly to your family for regular counseling sessions and continued support during the critical Aftercare Phase. After the agreed upon Aftercare contacts have come to an end we encourage parent and child to keep in contact with TWAI and use us as a resource on an as-needed basis. We have found when parents and the child keep in contact we are able to help both the family and the child to stay on track during this decisive time.
Contact us or call one of our admissions counselors to get help now. 1-800-845-1380