Turning Winds Scope of Services
Our Treatment Philosophy
Turning Winds provides mental health and substance abuse treatment services to teens ages 12- 18 years. Both male and female clients are served.
The 5 Pillars of Change is the foundation for all services at Turning Winds. The staff of Turning Winds believes that treatment success is most likely to be achieved through a combination of therapeutic and educational approaches that together provide the best outcomes possible for each troubled teen treated.
Treatment is provided in a manner that enhances the individual worth and dignity of each client. The design of the treatment program is intended to protect the human and legal rights of each client while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
Turning Winds maintains the belief that the most effective treatment approach should be offered to each client, and that “quality” of treatment services should not be sacrificed to increase “quantity” of services we offer.
Turning Winds Treatment Philosophy consists of:
- Comprehensive treatment that emphasizes character development and education, keeping focus upon the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being of the client and family.
- Turning Winds utilizes an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach, applying evidence-based practices. Turning Winds values the need for a community; the responsibility of the client; peer support; and a willingness to change.
- Treatment plans are designed in collaboration with the client and focus on his/her strengths, needs, abilities, preferences and aspirations.
- Turning Winds recognizes the importance of positive approaches to treatment and maintaining positive relationships with clients. This is accomplished across all programs by placing emphasis on respect for the dignity of all clients, continuously evaluating the treatment environment and updating/changing as appropriate, using de-escalation as an alternative to the use of seclusion or physical restraint in the management of behavior, and empowering clients to manage their own behavior.
- Program Objectives and Treatment Goals
Stabilization of the client’s mental health issues through effective evaluation, assessment, treatment and referral for appropriate care as needed.
Provision of High-Quality Care utilizing the latest and most effective clinical approaches.
Provision of a Holistic Approach in all of our treatment modalities to most effectively support the needs of our clients.
Core Program: Residential Treatment
Partial Hospitalization/Day Treatment